Invitation to Enroll for Religious Faith Formation Classes,
Pre-Confirmation Classes and Confirmation Preparation Classes
* Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in High School, 2012-2013, AND 15 years or older by April 1, 2013
* Baptized Catholic
* Attended Religious Faith Formation Classes during the past school year, 2011-2012, or attended Catholic school.
* Currently enrolled for regular Religious Faith Formation Classes starting in September for the 2012-2013 school year.
Requirements for Enrollment:
* Registered member of St. Jude parish
* Copy of the student’s baptismal certificate submitted
* Tuition fee of $30 paid at the beginning of the school year
Orientation for both parents and students:
An orientation meeting on Sunday, September 30, will be held in the St. Jude Center at 4:00pm for both parents and students. At least one parent must be present for each student. Attendance is mandatory.
Confirmation Preparation Classes:
Following orientation, there are seven (7) additional classes all confirmation students are required to attend. Each class is held on a Sunday from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in the St. Jude Center. The schedule of classes can be found on the last page of the Confirmation Packet (see below).
There are two Confirmation Retreats offered. All confirmation candidates must attend a retreat. The first retreat is offered on January 5 & 6, 2013. The second retreat will be held on March 2 & 3, 2013. Both retreats will be held at Camp Copass in Denton and transportation will be provided to and from the retreat. Each retreat will accommodate 42 students so spots will be allotted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please make every effort to attend on of these retreats. If you are unable to attend either one, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can find another parish retreat for you to attend. Everyone MUST attend a retreat.
All students are expected to attend Mass regularly. Beginning in September, a sign-in book will be available after Mass for each student to initial to indicate that they were present. No one will be allowed to sign the book until Mass is completed. If you attend Mass at another church, please bring a bulletin from their church.