Invitation to Enroll for Confirmation Preparation Classes
* Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in High School, 2016-2017, AND 15 years or older by April 1, 2017
* Attended Religious Faith Formation Classes during the past school year, 2015-2016, or attended Catholic school.
* Currently enrolled for regular Religious Faith Formation Classes starting in September for the 2015-2016 school year. NOTE: When you enroll for Religious Faith Formation Classes, you are automatically enrolled for Confirmation Preparation.
Requirements for Enrollment:
* Registered member of St. Jude parish
* Fill out Religious Faith Formation registration card
* Submit a copy of the child’s baptismal certificate or, if baptized at St. Jude, submit date of Baptism
* All tuition fees ($30 per child) must be paid by the first day of class
There will be an orientation meeting for parents of Confirmation students to be held in the auditorium. Confirmation students will attend a class in the St. Thomas Hall during this time.
Confirmation Classes will be held separately from the regular Religious Faith Formation Classes. Classes will begin in October, 2016 and conclude in May, 2017 (get schedule here). There will be a total of seven (7) classes including two classes for both parents and students. You must continue attending both Religious Faith Formation and Confirmation Preparation Classes. All Confirmation Preparation classes will be held in the St. Jude Center on Sunday afternoons, 4:00pm to 6:00pm. (See the “Confirmation Packet” for a calendar of classes.)
There will be Confirmation Retreats offered. All confirmation candidates must attend a retreat. If you are unable to attend one of these retreats, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can find another parish retreat for you to attend.
All students are expected to attend Mass regularly. Beginning in September, a sign-in book will be available after Mass for each student to initial to indicate that they were present. If you attend Mass at another church, please bring a copy of their weekend bulletin.
Mrs. Julie Cosby
DRE Youth and Young Adult Faith Formation